Role/ responsibilities at Superior? Lab Engineer/Lecturer
List of qualifications
|B.Sc. Electrical (Power)|
|2014||The Islamia University of|
|M.Sc. Electrical Engineering||2018||The Superior College,|
|Achieved fully funded scholarships from Universities in both Bachelor and Master of Engineering.|
|Senior member of IEEE, IEE branch of Pakistan.|
|Completed six months course of Circuit and|
Electronics from MIT (USA) in 2013.
|Completed six months course of Energy from|
University of Austin (USA) in 2015.
|Completed six months course of Solar Energy|
from The Delft Institute of Technology
(Netherlands) in 2014.
|Completed six months course of Age of|
Globalization from University of Austin (USA)
|Completed six months course of Our Energetic|
earth from University of Toronto (Canada) in
|Registration Head of IEEE student branch in|
UCET, IUB, and Bahawalpur. (2012-2014).
|Completed six months course of Electricity and|
Magnetism from Rise Institute of Technology
(USA) in 2014.
|Senior member of YES (Young Engineering|
Society), UCET, IUB, Bahawalpur. (2013-
List of distinctions, awards, nominations, papers
|Reviewer award from IEEE ACCESS Peer|
Reviewed Journal, December, 2018.
|Reviewer award from Renewable Energy|
Sources – Research and Business
conference (RESRB), July 2018.
|Outstanding reviewer award from International|
workshop of Advance Materials (IWAM),
February, 2018 and 2019.
|Best research paper of the conference IWAM,|
2018, Ras-ul-Khaimah, UAE.
Number of projects monitored and assisted – students – recent most
Projects Assisted in University:
1. Mind Control Bionic Hand Using Flex Sensor
2. Design and use of LLCL-Filters to reduce harmonics in Electrical power systems.
3. Design of an Intelligent and efficient light control system
4. Phase Sequence Checker for Three Phase Supply
5. Room Noise Detector
6. Temperature Based Speed Controller of DC Motor
1. Design and use of passive filter to reduce harmonics in Sapphire textile limited unit no-3
2. Design and use of sine wave inverter to minimize the electrical losses.
3. Design and use of phase sequence checker for three phase power supply in irrigation and
power department Bahawalpur.
Area of interest in research and teaching
Renewable Energy Resources
Power System Analysis
Power System Protection
Last FIVE publications
1. Z. Hameed, a.yousaf, w.a. khan, T.M.Gondal,” Harmonics Analysis for Smart Grid
Applications and how to minimize them by designing and using LLCLfilter. IEEE-Access-
2. Z. Hameed, A.yousaf, h.f.usman, f.ahmad “Hybrid System of Geothermal Power Generation
Using Abandoned Oil/Gas Bores Assisted by The Power of Solar Plates” IEEE, SEGECanada, 2019. (Accepted)
3. Taimoor Muzaffar Gondal, Zia Hameed, M. Usman Shah, and Hamayun Khan "Cavitation
Phenomenon and Its Effects in Francis Turbines and Amassed Adeptness of Hydel Power
Plant." In 2019 International Conference on Computing, Mathematics and Engineering
4. Z. hameed, a. yousaf, “Design and Use of Pico-Filter for the Decontamination of Polluted
Water” IWAM, Ras Al-Khaimah,UAE, 2019.
5. Yousaf, A., Khan, F., Hameed, Z., & Ali, H. (2018, March). Deployment of smart grid on
narrowband power line communication using OFDMA. In 2018 9th International Renewable
Energy Congress (IREC) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
6. R.k.sial, z.hameed, “A Brief discussion about Femtocells in LTE and Techniques to manage
interference issues” ICEET, Superior University, Lahore, 2016.
7. Z.hameed, a.yousaf, “Brent Method to solve the Economic Dispatch Problem with
Transmission and Distribution Line Losses” 1-2 June, 2016, GCOET- 00472.
8. Z.hameed,a.yousaf “Platform Strategy by Uniting Solar, Thermal, Vibrational and Wind
Energy with Maximum Power Point Tracking System” Journal of Energy and Power
Engineering USA ,ISSN 1934-8975 Paper No. JEPE17033001.
9. Z. hameed, a.yousaf,m.r.khan, “Harmonics in Electrical Power Systems and how to remove
them by using filters in ETAP” ICEET, Superior University, Lahore, 2016.
10. Z.hameed, a.yousaf, “Harmonis analysis in Electrical power systems” ICOST, IEEE,2015.
11. Z. hameed, u. Farooq, m. irfan, “How to design the filters for reduces Harmonics in Electrical
Power Systems” IWAM, Ras Al-Khaimah,UAE, 2015.
National conferences participation
1. 2019-2nd International Conference on Computing, Mathematics and Engineering
Technologies (iCoMET), Sukkur, Pakistan.
2. 8th and 9th IEEE International conference of Engineering and Emerging Technologies.
3. IEEE, International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies, (ICOSST),
UET, Lahore, Pakistan 2016.
International conferences participation
4-times attended the international workshop of advance materials (IWAM), Ras-ul-KhaimahUAE, (2016-2019).
Previous professional experiences/ distinctions
|Plant Engineer |
Irrigation and power department Bahawalpur.
|(01-07-2014 To 26-11-2014)|
|(01-06-2014 To 30-06-2014)|
|Descon Engineering Limited|
|Paid Internship |
WAPDA, 132 Kv Grid station, Bahawalpur.
|(06-01-2014 To 18-05-2014)|
List of organizational awards
1. Registration Head of IEEE student branch in UCET, IUB, and Bahawalpur. (2012-2014).
2. Senior member of YES (Young Engineering Society), UCET, IUB, Bahawalpur. (2013-2014)
3. Participate in IEEE workshops at UET-Lahore, LUMS, NUST, PIEAS, GIKI.
Have you taken any initiative to improve or contribute to your department? Please give
I have started some research based activities among students to enhance their skills. By utilizing
my field experience, I have started a video session in lectures and labs. By this steps my students
are able to visualize the concepts on real time applications.
What do you see as your next milestone in life?
Completing my PhD will be a starting point towards my ambition and it will develop right set of
skill, mindset and capabilities required to fulfil my dream of becoming a researcher for the
development of nation.