Role/ responsibilities at Superior: Assistant Professor/ Convener Final Year Projects (FYP) Committee/ Convener of Curriculum Review Committee (CRC) in Dept. of Electrical Engineering
List of qualifications
PhD. IT Convergence Engineering / Electronics
Kumoh National Institute of Technology (KIT), Gumi, South Korea
MS. Project Management and Operational Development
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm Sweden
MSc. Electrical Engineering
BTH Bleking Institute of Technology, Karlskrona Sweden
BSc. Electrical Engineering
COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) Lahore Campus, Pakistan
Inter-board under 18 Squash tournaments, Pakistan, 2003
· Team of Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) Pakistan (Runner-up)
List of distinctions, awards, nominations, papers
BK 21 Plus, South Korea
· Silver category award for best project and research publication performance
IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference 2019
· Best Paper award in the Session: IoT Enabling Technologies
- Rehan Majeed, Danial Saleem, M. Imtiaz Hussain, M. Talha Gul, Rehan Usman, Salman Majeed, “A buck/boost quasi z-source ANPC inverter topology for RERs employing symmetrical/unsymmetrical boost modulation control scheme, ” Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, 2019 (Impact Factor: 0.580) (Accepted)
- Arslan Usman, M. Rehan Usman, Soo Young Shin, “Exploiting the Spatio-Temporal Attributes of HD Videos: A Bandwidth Efficient Approach,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 28, no. 9 Sep. 2018 (Impact Factor: 3.558)
- Rehan Usman, Arsla Khan, M. Arslan Usman and Soo Young, Shin, “Joint Walsh-Hadamard Transform and Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access (NOMA): Enhancing the Receiver Performance.” China Communications, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 160-177, Sep. 2018 (Impact Factor: 1.514)
- Arslan Usman, M. Rehan Usman, and Soo Young Shin. “A Novel No-Reference Metric for Estimating the Impact of Frame Freezing Artifacts on Perceptual Quality of Streamed Videos.” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 2344-2359, Sep. 2018, (Impact Factor: 3.977)
- Arslan Usman, M. Rehan Usman, and Soo Young Shin. "Quality assessment for wireless capsule endoscopy videos compressed via HEVC: From diagnostic quality to visual perception." Computers in Biology and Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 91, pp. 1123-1134, Dec. 2017 (Impact Factor: 2.155)
- Rehan Usman, M. Arslan Usman and Soo Young Shin. "Channel Allocation Schemes and Channel Availability Prediction in Hybrid Access Femtocells." Physical Communication, vol. 24, pp. 112-122, Sep. 2017 (Impact Factor: 1.522)
- Arslan Usman, G. B. Satrya, M. Rehan Usman, and Soo Young Shin. "Detection of Small Colon Bleeding in Wireless Capsule Endoscopy Videos." Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 54, pp. 16-26, 2016 (Impact Factor: 2.435)
- Rehan Usman, and Soo Young Shin. "Channel Allocation Schemes for Permanent User Channel Assignment in Wireless Cellular Networks." IETE Journal of Research, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 189-197 , 2016 (Impact Factor: 0.829
- Rehan Usman, M. Arslan Usman, M. Azfar Yaqub, Soo Young Shin, “UAV Reconnaissance using Bio-Inspired Algorithms: Joint PSO and Penguin Search Optimization Algorithm (PeSOA) Attributes,” In 16th IEEE Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (IEEE CCNC), Jan. 2019, pp. 1-6.
- Rehan Usman, M. Arslan Usman, and Soo Young Shin. "A Novel Encoding-Decoding Scheme using Huffman Coding for Multimedia Networks," In IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC 2018), IEEE Communications Society, Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2018.
- Arslan Usman, M. Rehan Usman, and Soo Young Shin. "An Intrusion Oriented Heuristic for Efficient Resource Management in End-to-End Wireless Video Surveillance Systems," IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC 2018), In IEEE Communications Society, Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2018.
- Arslan Usman, and M. Rehan Usman. "Using Image Steganography for Providing Enhanced Medical Data security," In IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC 2018), IEEE Communications Society, Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2018.
- Rehan Usman, M. Arslan Usman, and Soo Young Shin. "Channel blocking analysis and availability prediction in cognitive radio networks," In 2017 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), San Jose, USA, pp. 963-968. IEEE, Jan. 2017