Degree: PhD Information and Communication Engineering
University: Beijing University of Posts and Telecom, Beijing, China
Degree: M.S. Telecom Engineering
University: U.E.T Peshawar, Pakistan.
Degree: B.Sc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
University: Islamic University of Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
From: 2008 To: 2010
Post Held: Senior Manager
Company/University: Pakistan Telecom Company Limited (PTCL)
From: 2010 To: 2018
Post Held: Assistant Professor
Company/University: COMSATS University Islamabad
From: 2018 To: present
Post Held: Associate Professor
Company/University: Superior University Lahore
- Yaqoob, M., & Shakir, M. (2018). Analysis of Bandwidth Efficiency in IEEE 802.11 and 802.16 Interworking Networks. International Journal of Wireless Networks and Broadband Technologies (IJWNBT), 7(1), 25-38.
- Alamzeb Khan Jadoon, Mustafa Shakir, Nasrullah Khan, “Design of Three Phase Dynamic Voltage Restorer to Mitigate Voltage Sag.” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 8, Issue 11, November 2017, pp:1678-1686
- Tanveer Ahmed, Muhammad Kaleem, Khurram Saleem Alimgeer, Mustafa Shakir, Sajid Nazir, “Optimization of Depth-Based Routing for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks through Intelligent Assignment of Initial Energy.” Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal. 2. (2017) 1799-1803. 10.25046/aj0203219.
- Mahmood A. Khan, Syed Yasir Imtiaz, Shahzada Alamgir Khan, Mustafa Shakir, "Deployment of 3G/4G Technologies in Pakistan: Challenges and Socioeconomic Aspects." The Journal of the Institute of Telecommunications Professionals, Vol. 11, June 2017, pp:27-32 [ISI indexed 0.021 I.F.]
- Mustafa Shakir, Obaid Ur Rehman, Aamir Ullah Khan, Muhammad Abdullah Abbasi, Mahmood A. Khan, "Optimal Performance of Wireless Body Area Networks in varying Postural Orientations." Rev. Téc. Ing. Univ. Zulia, Vol. 40, No. 1, 2017, pp: 26-37 [ISI indexed 0.033 I.F.]
- Mustafa Shakir, Obaid Ur Rehman, Muddassir Rahim, Nabil Alrajeh, Zahoor Ali Khan, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, Iftikhar Azim Niaz, Nadeem Javaid, “Performance Optimization of priority assisted CSMA/CA mechanism of 802.15.6 Under Saturation Regime." Sensors 16, no. 9 (2016): 1421. [ISI indexed 2.033 I.F.]
- Mustafa Shakir, Obaid Ur Rehman, Zeeshan Abbas, Abdullah Masood, Wajeeha Shahid, "Evaluation of Video Quality in Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks." International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering 6, No. 1, February 2016, pp: 223-234 [Scopus indexed]
- Imran Israr, Mustafa Shakir, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, Shahzad A. Malik, Shahid A. Khan. "Path Loss Modeling of WLAN and WiMAX Systems." International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering 5, No. 5, October 2015. [Scopus]
- Junaid Ali Khan, M. Nasir Iqbal, Farooq Umer, Muhammad Adnan, Zeeshan A. Khan, Mustafa Shakir." Achieving Energy Efficiency in MANETs by Using Load Balancing Approach." International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security; Vol: 3, No. 3, March 2015, pp:88–94
- Arslan Rasheed, Haad Akmal, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, Izhar ul Haq, Mustafa Shakir. "Efficient Allocation of TV White Spaces for Cognitive Radio in Pakistan." International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security; Vol: 3, No. 3, March 2015, pp:74–77
- Syed Yasir Imtiaz, Mahmood A. Khan, and Mustafa Shakir. "Telecom sector of Pakistan: Potential, challenges and business opportunities."Telematics and Informatics32, no. 2 (2015): 254-258. [ISI indexed 0.71 I.F.]
- Mustafa Shakir, Mahmood Ashraf Khan Izhar-ul-Haq, Shahzad A. Malik, and Shahid A. Khan. "Alternate Energy Resources for Pakistan: Sustainable Solutions for Fulfilling Energy Requirements."World Applied Sciences Journal 31, no. 5 (2014): 718-723.
- Rehman, A., and Mustafa Shakir. "Comparative Analysis of Scheduling Algorithms in IEEE 802.16 WiMAX." (2014) International Journal of Computing and Digital Systems Vol:3 pp:161-172 (Journal)
- Farooq Umer, Nasir Iqbal, Junaid A. Khan, Zeeshan Ali Khan, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, Izhar-ul-Haq, Muhammad Adnan and Mustafa Shakir “Comparative Analysis of Ad Hoc Routing Protocols" MEJSR 2013; Vol:17(5) pp:688-692 [ISI & Scopus indexed]
- Mohammad Haroon Waseem, Basir Mustafa, Fahad Malik, Mustafa Shakir, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, “Design of a Low-cost Underwater Wireless Sensor Network for Water Quality Monitoring” IETE J Res 2013; Vol:59 pp:523-34, ISSN: 0377-2063 [ISI indexed 0.19 I.F.]
- Javaid, S. Hayat, M. Shakir, M. A. Khan, S. H. Bouk, Z. A. Khan ''Energy Efficient MAC Protocols in Wireless Body Area Sensor Networks-A Survey'' Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, Vol: 3(4) pp: 770-781, ISSN: 2090-4304, 2013. [ISI indexed]
- Javaid, N. A. Khan, M. Shakir, M. A. Khan, S. H. Bouk, Z. A. Khan''Ubiquitous HealthCare in Wireless Body Area Networks-A Survey'' Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, Vol: 3(4) pp: 747-759, ISSN: 2090-4304, 2013. [ISI indexed]
- N. Iqbal, Junaid A. Khan, Farooq Umer, Nadeem Javaid, Izhar-ul-Haq, Mustafa Shakir "Security Enhancement of Pro-active Protocols in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks" Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 3(3): 101-107 ISSN: 2090-4304, March 2013. [ISI indexed]
- Zeeshan Ali Khan, Mustafa Shakir, “Interplay of communication and computation energy consumption for low power sensor network design” International Journal of Adhoc, Sensor and Ubiquitous Computing, Vol:3, No.4, ISSN:0976-1764, August 2012.
- Mustafa Shakir, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, Izhar-ul-Haq, Shahzad A. Malik, “Design of Underwater Sensor Networks for Water quality monitoring and surveillance” World Applied Sciences Journal ISSN: 1818-4952, Vol:17 (11) pp:1441-1444, June 2012. [ISI indexed 0.2 I.F.]
- Mustafa Shakir, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, Izhar-ul-Haq, Shahzad A. Malik, Shahid A. Khan, “Spotlight on Pakistan-3G and 4G Developments” Journal of the Institute of Telecommunications Professionals, Vol. 6 part 3, pp: 45-49, ISSN: 1755-9278, September 2012. [ISI indexed 0.109 I.F.]
- Mustafa Shakir, Mahmood Ashraf Khan, Shahzad A. Malik, Izhar-ul-Haq, “Performance and Capacity Planning of NGN” International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol.4, p 756-760, ISSN: 1913-3715, November 2011.
- Mustafa Shakir, W. Wang, “Transmit Power Control for Optimization of Wireless Sensor Networks” Information Technology Journal ANSI, ISSN: 1812-5638, November 2008.
- Mustafa Shakir, Obaid Ur Rehman, Majeed Ahmed, Mahmood Ashraf Khan "Data Collection through Adaptive Cluster Head Selection Scheme in Wireless Body Area Networks" 95th International Conference on Science, Engineering & Technology - ICSET 2017, Proceedings of Researchfora International Conference, pp. 1-6, November 25-26, 2017, Medina Munawara, Saudi Arabia.
- Mahmood A. Khan, Syed Yasir Imtiaz, and Mustafa Shakir. "Automatic Monitoring & Detection System (AMDS) for Grey Traffic."Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science. Vol. 2. 2015
- Mustafa Shakir, “Evolving to IMS as the Convergence Platform” 10th WSEAS International Conference on Applied Informatics and Communications, August 20-22, 2010 Taipei, Taiwan.
- Mustafa Shakir, “Challenging Issues in NGN Implementation and Regulation” 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), Chengdu, China pp.1-4, September 23-25, 2010.
- Mustafa Shakir, Irfan Ahmed, Mugen Peng, W. Wang, “Power Optimal Connectivity and Capacity in Wireless Sensor Networks” International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, Wuhan, China Vol.4, pp 967-971, December 12-14, 2008.
- Mustafa Shakir, Irfan Ahmed, Muhammad Adnan, M. Peng, W. Wang, “Minimization of BER and Interference Power through Optimal Deployment of Wireless Sensor Networks” WICOM 2007 International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, September 21-25, 2007 Shanghai, China.
- Mustafa Shakir, Irfan Ahmed, Mugen Peng, W. Wang “Optimum Transmit Power for Maximal Connectivity and Increased Network Lifetime in Wireless Sensor Networks” WICOM 2007 International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile, pp. 2401-2404, September 21-25, 2007, Shanghai, China.
- Mustafa Shakir, Irfan Ahmed, Mugen Peng, W. Wang, “Cluster Organization based Design of Hybrid MAC Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks” ICNS’07 International Conference on Networking and Services, June 19-25, 2007, Athens, Greece.
Mustafa Shakir “Wireless Sensor Networks Efficient Power Control for Optimized Performance” 2011. ISBN 978-3-8443-3280-3 (Lambert Academic Publishing).
Awards: “Research Productivity Award” Year of Award: 2015
Description of Award: Awards for publications in international journals
Awarding Organization: COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad
From: 2010 To: Lifetime
Title: Registered Engineer (RE)
Organization: Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
From: 2016 To: Present
From: 2016 To: Present
From: 2012 To: 2013
Type of funding: Research funding
Title of Project: “Designing underwater wireless sensor network for water quality monitoring and surveillance.”
Funding Agency: National ICT R and D Fund
Category: Country: Organization:
Courses Taught: Communication Systems, Mobile and Broadband Networks, Mobile Communication Systems